When working to enhance your company’s presence online, it is integral that you stay ahead of competition and one key way to do so with today’s technology is through the use of press releases.
While many people have heard of press releases, there is often much confusion on what exactly one entails. Ultimately, a press release is a written form of communication, directed at a desired audience, announcing something substantially newsworthy.
In today’s day and age, press releases have become one of the most important tools to successfully promote your business. Whether your company is large, small, or a start-up, press releases have become increasingly effective, specifically due to the power of social media marketing. With over 80 million people turning to the Internet as their source of news every day, publishing press releases online provides an unmatched forum for people to read about your business.
Below are some of the key reasons why press releases can be so beneficial to your business:
- Announce a new product or service: can keep customers up-to-date on new products or services offered, as well as any potential deals or discounts that may be going on
- Improving brand image and company’s visibility: publishing press releases is a great way to create and maintain a reputable brand image and ensure that your audience knows who you are
- Instant viral distribution: with the use of the Internet, press releases can be distributed immediately and to millions of people, through both email and social media sites
- Expand public knowledge about your business or services offered: informative, newsworthy press releases will keep your audience informed about your business, what it is you do, and the industry in general
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization): by using specific keywords throughout, you can optimize your press release to rank on various SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages)
- Establish you as industry expert: this will help forge a relationship with your audience and establish a level of trust necessary for most people to purchase from and do business with you
- Acquire new customers: press releases are a great way to get your company name out their to potential customers, however they should be newsworthy, rather than one giant advertisement
- Keep investors updated on news of your company: since press releases are newsworthy documents, they often highlight a company’s successes, awards won, or advancements with technology, all of which can help attract and keep investors interested
Ultimately, press releases are a great opportunity for your company to keep customers and investors up-to-date on your business, attract new customers, market your brand, and enhance your SEO. If you aren’t already, try to distribute at least one press release a month. This will significantly add to your company’s online marketing strategy!We hope that you received great value from this blog. If you’d like to learn more about how to use social media and the Internet to promote your business, please attend our free training sessions at C.B. & Potts at Collindale in Fort Collins on the second Tuesday of every month. We hope to see you there!